2015 Bible Bee Game Show

Started by Matthew Minica
61754db001e2e2ef52b2b9212cdda1ec?s=128&d=mm

Matthew Minica

Somebody please post here and let us know when any more details are released about the Game Show. I'm afraid that they may not send an email to everybody and so the ones of us who aren't chosen will be left in the dark.

46ebbbfa6be61e25feb8e61dfb37cff1?s=128&d=mm

M27

I will let y'all know if I can (that is, if my parents think it's okay, and if it's not against the rules). Or, if someone else informs me that they have been chosen, I may just say something like, "Someone told me that they have been chosen to compete in the Game Show". That way, y'all know that you're not in it, without me potentially breaking any rules :).

Matthew Minica

Tuesday, I think. The more I look at it, though, the more it really just looks like some Primaries who don't know what they're talking about. =P

509c550001a42a510ee601bfefa3e9d6?s=128&d=mm

Isaac

If I'm not mistaken, the only people who could be selected are those who were interviewed at nationals

8957f5bd45e650728a8b66b82df08975?s=128&d=mm

Steve W.

Tuesday, I think. The more I look at it, though, the more it really just looks like some Primaries who don't know what they're talking about. =P

Thahaha!!

M27

I believe that those of you who auditioned will have received information by now regarding the Game Show.

8957f5bd45e650728a8b66b82df08975?s=128&d=mm

Steve W.

Aww, I just got the email… I didn't make the cut ='/ ='/
But happy to all that did!! Can't wait to see how y'all do!!! :D

D7e51a6e027780a48295eb2d73bc059f?s=128&d=mm

2 Corinthians 5:17

Well, we do know that all things work together for the good to those that love Him. We don't understand why certain things happen now, but someday we will. =) The pieces of the puzzles in our lives will come together and form a beautiful picture, someday.

You'll have to tell me about what goes on at the "mini Nationals". sigh

M27

Yes, we did; praise the Lord, Dani, Christa and I got invited! See some of you in SA in January! :D

Congratulations!!! I dreamed the night before last that y'all didn't make it, and Dani sent me an email that said something like, "I have never been so disappointed in my life." I'm glad that that dream didn't come true! ;)

M27

I didn't make the cut ='/ ='/
^^ :'( But, I really should be thankful that I still get to see everyone... x)

Good reminder! I was (and am) very disappointed that Joy and I weren't chosen, but I should be thankful that I still get to go :). And even though this is no fun right now, God did what was best for those of us who didn't make it, and He will be glorified through it all.

6be478f95cfda6dbe5f25fb7f5c7255d?s=128&d=mm

Emma

So did everyone who sent in a video audition get interviewed? How many people auditioned? Are they choosing the same number of people as last year? And what are they looking for in the people they choose? ^you might not know that. :P^

Matthew Minica

Good reminder! I was (and am) _very_ disappointed that Joy and I weren't chosen, but I should be thankful that I still get to go :). And even though this is no fun right now, God did what was best for those of us who didn't make it, and He will be glorified through it all.

Amen! Knowing that I wasn't the only Semi-Finalist who auditioned and didn't get chosen is a bit of a comfort. x)

Matthew Minica

So did everyone who sent in a video audition get interviewed? How many people auditioned? Are they choosing the same number of people as last year? And what are they looking for in the people they choose? ^you might not know that. :P^

Not everybody, but most of them. They said more than 140 people auditioned. 72 were chosen - 24 in each age division. Who knows… but apparently they really don't like me, since this is year 2 that I've been rejected. xP

M27

Good reminder! I was (and am) _very_ disappointed that Joy and I weren't chosen, but I should be thankful that I still get to go :). And even though this is no fun right now, God did what was best for those of us who didn't make it, and He will be glorified through it all.
Amen! Knowing that I wasn't the only Semi-Finalist who auditioned and didn't get chosen is a bit of a comfort. x)

I've thought that several time since finding out :). I know of at least one other in Seniors who wasn't chosen. It doesn't appear to be score based at all this year…

Matthew Minica

Well, we do know that all things work together for the good to those that love Him. We don't understand why certain things happen now, but someday we will. =) The pieces of the puzzles in our lives will come together and form a beautiful picture, someday. You'll have to tell me about what goes on at the "mini Nationals". *sigh*

Thank you for the reminder!! I can't wait for that day!

We'll definitely tell you all about it - well, as much as we can. ;)

M27

but apparently they really don't like me, since this is year 2 that I've been rejected. xP

That's exactly how I feel! It probably would have helped if I had ranked five or so places higher last year, but I'm pretty sad that they didn't choose me this year! Oh, well! I guess I'll have to do something different next year – dye my hair pink or something :). jk (It's probably actually not worth it… :D)

Matthew Minica

I've thought that several time since finding out :). I know of at least one other in Seniors who wasn't chosen. It doesn't appear to be score based at all this year...

Hmm. Yeah, I guess so - there's some people in there who got 0 Oral scores and still got picked. That's kind of disappointing too - they're bound to have more passes and wrong answers this year… Maybe they want that…

Matthew Minica

but apparently they really don't like me, since this is year 2 that I've been rejected. xP
That's exactly how I feel! It probably would have helped if I had ranked five or so places higher last year, but I'm pretty sad that they didn't choose me this year! Oh, well! I guess I'll have to do something different next year -- dye my hair pink or something :). jk (It's probably actually not worth it... :D)

Lol, well, I was originally called, but then was an alternate. I was 14th place myself, and the contestants they chose went down to 25th, so… I guess they chose people up to 6 places below you too… Maybe it would have helped if I was a bit higher… But then, Daniel F auditioned, and although he went on to Finals he didn't get called at all… sigh I guess we'll never know. xP Lol! sends hugs We can mourn together. :( xP

Matthew Minica

Well, we do know that all things work together for the good to those that love Him. We don't understand why certain things happen now, but someday we will. =) The pieces of the puzzles in our lives will come together and form a beautiful picture, someday.

Rachel, remember the song I told you I was working on? That's exactly the theme of the song. =)

NOOOOO. That's totally not true. Mr Upton told my dad and I, that your family has been irreplaceable in helping their staff. =)

630c2bb42041c06ebe7a5f23fce128ab?s=128&d=mm

Hannah*

I've thought that several time since finding out :). I know of at least one other in Seniors who wasn't chosen. It doesn't appear to be score based at all this year...
Hmm. Yeah, I guess so - there's some people in there who got 0 Oral scores and still got picked. That's kind of disappointing too - they're bound to have more passes and wrong answers this year... Maybe they want that... How do you know they got a 0? Have scores been released? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Well, we do know that all things work together for the good to those that love Him. We don't understand why certain things happen now, but someday we will. =) The pieces of the puzzles in our lives will come together and form a beautiful picture, someday. You'll have to tell me about what goes on at the "mini Nationals". *sigh*
Thank you for the reminder!! I can't wait for that day! We'll definitely tell you all about it - well, as much as we can. ;)

Yay! And pictures. xD

That's exactly how I feel! It probably would have helped if I had ranked five or so places higher last year, but I'm pretty sad that they didn't choose me this year! Oh, well! I guess I'll have to do something different next year -- dye my hair pink or something :). jk (It's probably actually not worth it... :D)

Anna, I'm sorry you didn't make it :( hug At least next year you have another chance =) And- I really can't imagine you with pink hair. xP Please don't do that. xP xD
Did your little brothers make it?

Trans