2020 - Let's Pray for Memverse!!

Started by AK (a scribe)
Fc2b647e40ef1cad58fd484418c81fc4?s=128&d=mm

AK (a scribe)

Please add your support and prayers (starting as soon as possible) for Memverse, and throughout 2020. Our active membership has been declining for some time, which is very sad. Memverse is awesome–a really God-inspired tool that helps His children throughout the world write His promises (in their desired language) on their hearts and minds. Currently, our active members appear to be about 200. My 2020 prayer focus is that we will more than double that by the end of 2020 (to 500+) through the power of prayer and the moving of God's Holy Spirit on past, present and new members! Will you join me?? And do you have any suggestions how we can spread the word in our parts of the world and spheres of influence? Thank you! AK

1fffa5ddbf2c185db06735df596f7b18?s=128&d=mm

BibleBeeGal

I would love to help, however, most of the people I know are not Christians or not interested/too busy. I did get my sister to join though! I will see what I can do.

AK (a scribe)

Awesome, BibleBeeGal. The greatest power in the universe, outside of the direct power of God, is the power of prayer. I'm praying that the Spirit of God will move upon and stir up the spirit [see Ezra 1:1, 5] and memories of all currently 'inactive' / former members of Memverse, that they will remember Memverse, and return to actively re-memorizing God's word for their own spiritual growth. That's one focus that we can do . . . praying for all of the inactive members on Memverse, that God will woo and draw them back to actively becoming involved again in 2020!

AK (a scribe)

Hi, BibleBeeGal and Random Narnian Warrior (Abi), I've not stopped praying for Memverse daily–that the Holy Spirit would stir up the spirits, hearts, minds and memories of hundreds of former inactive members, scattered all over the world, and draw them back to actively using Memverse as an important tool in their walk with God. Thank you for your prayers, too. We often think of the verse that talks about "where two or three are gathered" (Matt. 18:20), but we cannot be gathered in the same place. So, instead, I am claiming this wonderful promise in our situation: "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." Matt 18:19, NKJV. While we can't be together to pray for Memverse, we can certainly pray in agreement from our three different parts of the world that God would draw back many inactive members of Memverse into actively using this wonderful tool in their spiritual lives. I hope some of these thoughts will help to guide you in your prayers for Memverse during 2020, too.

Cad88dfb6986162ee3718c3728fca1c0?s=128&d=mm

Arthur Rosh

How about starting a new memory group in the group section. Maybe choosing a book, maybe a gospel, the shortest one, Mark, to memorize. Has anyone on memverse memorized the gospel of Mark? Would anyone like to start such a group? I know Bible Bee takes up most people's committments but maybe those of us who are not memorizing with the Bble Bee can organize a memory group, how about memorizing Mark? I searched to see if anyone has memorized Mark online and came across this article:

https://christianleadermag.com/memorizing-mark/

Also the memverse clock seems to be stuck again, the last update is August 2019. Is it possible to get it updated?

AK (a scribe)

Thanks, Arthur, for the idea, and the link. Wow! What an awesome article!! Thank you. Currently, memorizing Mark isn't a priority of mine, as I'm still working on 1 John (all 5 chapters) and another situation that I created for myself that I am slowly undoing as I go through my memorization sessions each day. Mark is a little too long, challenging, for this 'semi-retired' guy! :) But after reading the article link, my mind is being a little persuaded in that direction–perhaps as a goal for 2021. We'll see.

In regards to the Memverse Clock on the One Church Leaderboard, I have made a special request to the Memverse Administrator, and he has promised that he would definitely look into it, but it may not be for a few weeks, as he is traveling on the road a lot over the next while for work related responsibilities. I am hoping by the end of March (but maybe sooner).

AK (a scribe)

I hope everyone is doing well. With the fixing of the One Church Leaderboard chart about a week ago, we have moved from 614 to 620 active users during the past 7 days. Keep praying, friends, for Memverse.
Also, Arthur, I hope all is going well with you. I have been really thinking about your idea of memorizing the Gospel of Mark. I've tentatively set it as my 2021 memorization goal (I'm working on a different goal for 2020). In the meantime, I have bookmarked a number of YouTube videos that are readings of the full Gospel of Mark, that will help me to become familiar with it in the NKJV (my study/major memorization version). Hope to hear from any and all of you in the days and weeks ahead.

AK (a scribe)

We're now up to 636 active members. Praise the LORD!! Let's keep praying that God will continue to move upon the hearts, minds, spirits and memories of hundreds of inactive members scattered all over the world, that in this time when they are confined indoors for the most part, they will be reminded of this wonderful tool inspired by God to help people everywhere to memorize His word and promises, especially in these troublesome times.

AK (a scribe)

Since my last entry, the number of our active users has fallen to 567 from 636. After a user hasn't done a memorization session in 30+ days, their status moves from active to inactive.
I am not discouraged. I'm praying daily, morning and night, that God will increase the number of active users to in excess of 1,164 by December 31, 2020. This number is my best estimate of the average of the last recorded 2019 number of active users, and the first recorded 2020 number of active users, times two. That's my prayer, and goal for Memverse.
I invite anyone and everyone on Memverse to join with me in adding your prayers to my prayers, along with whatever other encouragement we can give to family, friends, etc., to also join Memverse and deepen their walk with Jesus through the memorization of His Word. Will you join me in prayer, too?
It's now May 1. We are 4 months into 2020. While we may have gone backwards, God can turn things around in a flash, especially where 2 or 3 are praying for the same thing to glorify His name, no matter where they may be in this world.

06c3657965ae6acad0d17c59f16390f1?s=128&d=mm

Patricia J

Adding Memverse and other aids to Scripture study and memorization to my prayers. In times like these we need God's Word hidden in our hearts, transforming our lives, and to share His hope with others. Romans 15:4; 1 Peter 3:15

AK (a scribe)

Thanks, Patricia J., for adding Memverse to your prayers. We cannot have too many people praying for the growing blessing of Memverse on the lives of thousands of people scattered all over our world. Share the word.

AK (a scribe)

Praise the LORD!!! A special "Thank you" to everyone who have been adding your prayers to my morning and evening prayers for Memverse. It was a little sad (to say the least) to see the number of "active" users drop below 500 in mid-June 2020. In fact, it fell to its lowest level of 444 by July 2.

But today, August 26, 2020, God has blessed Memverse with the number of active users climbing back above 500, to 508!!!

I pray that many other current active users will unite your prayers to my daily prayers that by the morning of January 1, 2021, there will be at least 1,165 active users. With your prayers, with God's help, with the mighty moving of the Holy Spirit upon the lives of His past, present and future Memverse users all over the world who desire to write His word on their hearts and lives, this will happen!!

Please continue to join me in this prayer goal for 2020!!

AK (a scribe)

And when you add your daily prayers for the growth and spiritual success of Memverse, that will help to ensure it will never die for lack of interest or use. Amen??

AK (a scribe)

Amen! Hope we can grow our pray base for the growth of Memverse between now and the end of 2020. I am praying that He will help Memverse to have at least 1,165 active members by the morning of January 1, 2021. Please continue to unite your daily prayers with mine for this to become a reality to His glory and for the growth of His genuine children and followers all over this world. God bless!!

Patricia J

Praying! Curious as to where the 1,165 came from. I see in excess of 1,164 mentioned above, but not where that came from.

AK (a scribe)

Awesome!! Great question, too. First, 1,165 is in excess of 1,164 . . . by one of course. But where do these two numbers come from?

Near the very end of 2019, I tracked and computed as best as I could the number of active users on Memverse. The Global Leaderboard chart had stopped working several weeks before the end of 2019, and it didn't get back up until sometime in February 2020. So I added those two known numbers up and divided by 2 to get an average "guess" as to what the number of active users might have been at the end of December 31, 2019. The result was 582.

My December 31, 2020 prayer goal is to see the number of active users on Memverse to be more than double what it was "estimated" to be at December 31, 2019. Doubling the "582" estimated number at December 31, 2019 would result in 1,164. More than double would then make it at least 1,165. :)

Hope this slightly convoluted description makes a little sense.

Thank you for adding your prayers to this goal. Memverse has been such a wonderful blessing to me that I wish it to be used by hundreds of past and new users as they deepen their relationship with God and His beautiful Word.

AK (a scribe)

:)

Thanks. Being an accountant by profession, I like numbers :) . . . and when I can use them for "good" I would like to. Hence my long-about description above as to my active Memverse user goal by the end of this year. Thanks again for asking. Hopefully others will read this, too, and add their prayers with ours.

Patricia J

I like numbers too, but not enough to be an accountant. :-) Guess that's why it intrigued me. Yes, I pray many more people will sense the need to hide God's Word in their hearts and to share it with others.

AK (a scribe)

Today, the number of active users has climbed up to 515!! Praise the LORD!!!
On the goal journey to at least 1,165 active users by Jan 1, 2021 (as explained above), I have been praying that by Oct 1, 2020, we will have at least 650 active users on Memverse. Between yesterday and today, we had a jump of 21!! It had gotten as high as 508 on Aug 26, 2020, and then has bounced around since then between 508 and falling as low as 494 on Sept 14, 2020. Thank you, LORD, for bringing over 20 users on to Memverse during the past 24 hours!!!
Please continue to spread the word with your friends and even on social media. Please continue to pray for Memverse. United in prayer, God will accomplish this to His glory!! . . . and for the personal edification and spiritual growth of His faithful followers scattered all over our world.

AK (a scribe)

Praise the Lord!! Today, October 1, the number of our active users has risen to 524!!
Let everyone reading this keep praying, daily, that by the morning of January 1, 2021, we will have at least 1,165 active users in the Memverse community!!
I am also praying that every current active user will be brought opportunities by God to share Memverse with their family, friends, church members, social media contacts, etc. Let's get the word out mouth-to-mouth about this absolutely awesome online Bible memorizing tool.

AK (a scribe)

And today, Oct 5, our active users has risen to 529!! Praise the LORD!!
Keep praying that we will hit at least 700 active users by the morning of November 1, and at least 1,165 users by the morning of January 1, 2021!
Keep praying and sharing with your friends, family, relatives, church members, social media contacts, even "strangers" ("friends you haven't got to know yet") . . . the wonderful benefits you have received from utilizing Memverse as a tool in your personal walk with Jesus, and that they can share in that blessing in their own personal walk, too!

AK (a scribe)

And today, Oct 6, our active users has risen to 532!! Praise the LORD!!
Keep praying everyone, keep sharing this wonderful online tool with everyone you know.
May God continue to be with each of you to recognize windows of opportunity that the Holy Spirit brings across your path to tell others of Memverse and even to help and teach them how they can use it so it will be a real blessing in their own personal journey with the Lord in their lives.

Patricia J

I don't do Social Media, but I will continue to pray. God bless as you continue to make this tool and community available. May He bless each active member and draw back those who have become inactive and help many more recognize the need to hide His Word in their hearts in these momentous times.

24fc6ba31a8ffaf1d54e7ca786a6fc08?s=128&d=mm

Waky_Zaky

I just spent a little time calculating things about the leader board countries. I know it seems like the united states have so many more than the others, but that's only because there's so many people. My calculating came up with this of the top ten. This is an average of each person's memorized verses. I divided the total score with how many people were in that country, and this is what I came up with.

#1 is Italy. It has a smashing 158.3 verses per person. (There's only three people total)
#2 is Canada. Although it has many more people, it has an average of 33 verses per person. Member total: 534
#3 is Uganda. It's average is 26.3 per person. Member total: 15
#4 is The United Kingdom. It has an average of 25.7 verses memorized per person. Member total: 262
#5 is The United States. It has an average of 12.3 verses memorized per person. Member total: 7,194
#6 is Singapore. It's average is 9.8 verses per person. Member total: 32
#7 is The Republic of Korea. The average for it is 8.6 per person. Member total: 26
#8 is Australia. It has an average of 6 verses memorized per person. Member total: 253
#9 is New Zealand. It's average is 5.1, right behind Australia. Member total: 129
#10 is The Philippines. It has an average of .8 per person. Member total: 177

I hope this encourages you, and that the United States of America aren't far ahead of the others after all. Look at that. Number 5.
Just a little piece of info I found out.

AK (a scribe)

Thanks, Zak. Great encouragement (especially seeing that Canada is ahead of the USA . . . :) ).
Keep memorizing . . . keep praying . . . keep sharing Memverse with your family, friends, neighbors, social media contacts, school mates, etc. I am praying that we will hit 700 active members by November 1, and at least 1,165 active members by Jan 1, 2021. With your prayers and telling others in your circle of influence, God will help this to be realized . . . to His glory . . . and to the blessed benefit of all of the active users writing God's Word upon their hearts and lives.

Patricia J

I continue to pray and have managed to add Memverse to my EM signature on my phone. That's about as technologically savvy as I get.

AK (a scribe)

Awesome, Patricia. That's absolutely wonderful! I hope many other current active members will consider doing the same. Excellent! Thank you for sharing that.

Patricia J

I'll continue to pray and ask God to bless. He knows that we need His Word hidden in our hearts, especially in these days.

Trans