2021 and 2022 - Let's continue to pray for Memverse

Started by AK (a scribe)
Fc2b647e40ef1cad58fd484418c81fc4?s=128&d=mm

AK (a scribe)

Add your daily prayers to mine that the number of active users on Memverse will increase to at least 1,000 by January 1, 2022.

AK (a scribe)

I've been praying for this since January 1 . . . that by the end of 2021, there will be at least 1,000 active users on Memverse.
Please consider adding this request to your daily prayers, and spread the word about Memverse throughout your circles of influence in 2021.
May God continue to bless Memverse throughout the whole world during 2021!!
And may He continue to bless you as you continue to write His eternal Word onto your hearts and minds!!

AK (a scribe)

Awesome! Let's pray for at least a dozen active Memverse prayer warriors that will help to carry this throughout the year to Jan 1, 2022!! I'm #1, You're #2. Let's hope for at least another 10 Memverse prayer warriors to join in this prayer project for His glory!!

AK (a scribe)

Thanks to everyone. While our active numbers have been declining over much of June, they have jumped up to 319 today . . . which is where it had been on June 13. I keep praying for Memverse every morning without fail, that by the end of this year, there will be at least 1,000 active members writing God's words and promises on to their minds. Spread the word, or at least add your mighty prayers to those that are above. We can do this, to God's glory, not our own!!!

AK (a scribe)

Awesome! Praise the Lord! May He continue to shine through you to your world around you, as we all go through this upcoming summery hot months.

AK (a scribe)

Praise the Lord!!! As of this morning we are back up to 343 active users. There were 344 active users yesterday morning, but somehow we lost one. :( Hope he/she will come back soon.
Please keep praying and sharing this wonderful online tool with family, friends, neighbors, even strangers (if it isn't too dangerous!).

AK (a scribe)

Awesome! And the Lord has worked again. Yesterday morning we were at 343 (24 hours ago); now we're at 358 this morning!! Praise His holy name!!
My pray goal is that we will be at least 1,000 active users by the morning of Jan 1, 2022!! We're on our way!
Keep talking, keep sharing, keep praying, keep believing that what seems impossible God will make not only 'possible' but a reality!!
This site was inspired by Him in the hearts and minds of the developers. Let's ask Him to continue to make it a growing blessing in the lives of hundreds of users (returning inactive users, brand new users) all over the world.

AK (a scribe)

God is good!! God is great!!! May His name always be praised and honored in our lives!!!
Yesterday morning (July 20) there were 360 active users . . . 2 more than the day before.
This morning (July 21) there are now 366 active users . . . 6 more than yesterday.
Praise God!! Keep praying, sharing, talking, believing that He will bring at least 1,000 active users (former and new members) by the end of this year. Thank you for joining with me in this prayer focus and prayer project.

Ade31676471ca9929360f47084240960?s=128&d=mm

sister

Woohooo!! I agree AKS!!
Let's keep praying, sharing, talking, and staying close to Faith.

My memorization practice is getting a renewal, fortification, and burst of energy too. :)
I appreciate all of your help and replies, fellow Memversers!

sister

Hey, AKS,
Thanks for the updates.
How do you see the number of active members?
In this context, do you know what does "active" means? Participating in verse memorization? doing reference reviews? doing accuracy reviews?

AK (a scribe)

Hi, sister,
"Active" always means someone who has completed at least one memorization session in the past 30 days. Doing reference reviews does not count; nor does doing accuracy reviews. Only completing an actual memorization review session does.

Anyone can see the number of active members. Go to Leaderboards, and select "One Church". This will give you the Global Statistics of Memverse as a whole. The sentence across the bottom currently says, "Memverse has 369 active users as of 2021-07-23." Sometimes the software behind this chart gets stuck. Whenever that happens I try to advise Andy (the prime developer) about it in a timely manner, and it is usually fixed within a week or so of that.

sister

Hey AKS,

Thanks for your answers.

Active: Interesting. So, that means you must always have new verses being added in that are in the memverse memorization algorithm, otherwise when the next memorization sessions will be triggered can be extended out over time. Memverse is about memorizing after all and that is the main piece of this program; the reference and accuracy tests are about reviewing.

OneChurch: Great. Cool chart to look at. You can move through the chart by hovering over the line…the spikes in active users are intriguing too.

AK (a scribe)

Yes and no on the new verse comment. It is only if you don't do any memorization review sessions for more than 30 days that you will lose your active status and become inactive. But as soon as you do another review session, you will become active again.
You do not need to be adding new verses all the time. But until you get up to about 350 verses, you may have some days coming up with no verses to review. And that is okay. I have noticed many active users that are NOT "Learning" any verses. So that would mean they are doing all of their review sessions on those that they have already "Memorized". Make sense?
In the beginning, I made it a goal to review at least one verse every day. If a day came up with no verses to review, that would be a day that I would move a "Pending" verse into "Learning" . . . and begin its journey to becoming memorized. That allowed me to not feel too overwhelmed either. Also, for new users (like I was way back :) ), I would add a verse or two that I knew very well, plus one new one that would require some work. Whenever the very familiar verses came up for review, I would probably be able to score them with a 5 . . . which would move them more quickly to becoming Memorized. The newer ones would probably end up being scored with a 3 or a 4 depending on how much I struggled with them. Later, as I was over 150 verses or so (both memorized and learning), I moved my personal 'at least 1 verse' daily goal to 'at least 2 verses' daily . . . and later to 'at least 3 verses daily. I did this in order to still be able to add the occasional new verse (when the daily number was less than my daily goal at that time). Now I am doing things differently, but I still review at least one Memverse verse every day . . . as an accountant, I like numbers :) . . . and like seeing the number of my review sessions rise on my Profile . . . for this also helps to keep me motivated to continue.
Glad you liked the chart.

sister

Active status: I hear you. So you can be in an active status, but not currently have any verses in "learning" if the memorizer is mainly reviewing verses already "memorized".

Thanks for sharing how you added verses as a young Memverser. Will help as I work on improving my memorizing strategy with memverse.

AK (a scribe)

Again, I'm praising the Lord. We have reached 370 active members again on Memverse. It has been a very, very long time since we were at that level. Keep praying, sharing, inviting among your social and other circles of influence.

sister

Memverse Prayer Warriors (public and private): 378 active members now; 3 added in the last day! Keep praying and getting the Word out (pun intended)!!!

AK (a scribe)

Thanks, sister.
But when I now look at the graph, it is showing 380 active members!! Somehow, 2 more new or re-activated members must have come in the past hour! Praise the Lord!!
I'm praying that we will be over 400 before or by the end of August!! . . . on our way to being over 1,000 active members again by the morning of Jan 1, 2022!!
We're moving that way, thanks to everyone's praying and spreading the word.

REMEMBER: When a member highlights their "Account" icon at the top of their main dashboard, and then moves their mouse/cursor down and select "Referrals", they will find a message and an "https" hyperlink reference near the bottom of that screen that you can copy and put in your social media promo, or an email tag line, by which you can spread the word to those in your circles of influence. You might say/write something like: "Hey, my friends, check out this awesome online Bible Memorization website that I'm using myself at [and copy/paste that https full link here]. And it's FREE!!!!" When you do that, you'll be bringing a real blessing to them, PLUS when anyone joins, you will be given a credit/point for bringing a referral to Memverse. This will help you with accomplishing a number of "Levels" that require a new referral in order to move on.
Also, under the Leaderboard, check out the second last one, Referrals, and read the explanation at the top. It will explain how the referral points work, and the half points you will also earn when they refer others to Memverse, too.

Why is this so important? Memverse marketing is totally by word of mouth. There is no paid advertising, with the added costs. By keeping the costs to minimal (e.g. website domain name annual fees and a couple of other small ones), we can provide Memverse at NO cost to anyone. So there is no excuse for not joining and beginning their memorization journey! :) Therefore, it is up to all current, active members (and returning inactive members) to continue spreading the word and encouraging others to join, too, so we can increase our active users.

Since Memverse started (back around 2009), there have been members from at least 25 different countries, scattered throughout the world (see the Country Leaderboard). And we've exceeded 2,000 active members at least 6 times since that time. Let's seek to get to at least half that level by the end of 2021!!

As time moves closer to the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it will be more and more important to be writing His word, His promises, His truths upon our hearts and minds, to keep us from being deceived by the millions of subtle temptations of the devil that are calculated to trip up any believer that isn't solidly standing in their faith and trust in God upon the Scriptures.

1575c466bffd5e7fd60d18c3b4c12bed?s=128&d=mm

Phil Walker

I like numbers too as I taught math for 20+ years and I use numbers a lot in motivating and encouraging Scripture memory. Yes. I will pray for Memverse. Let's see those numbers go up and trust that behind the numbers there is an exciting reality of God at work and being knowing and loving God's Word.

AK (a scribe)

Again I write . . . "Praise the LORD!!" We have hit another recent all-time high. 384!!!

Keep praying, sharing, and thanking God for helping our members/users (former and current) to spread the word.

AK (a scribe)

Today, we've reached a new recent record high in the number of active Memverse users. We're now at 387!!!
I'm praying that we will exceed 400 . . . perhaps even 500 . . . by the morning of October 1st!!
All praise to our wonderful God, the ministry of the Holy Spirit . . . and spiritually hungry people that are satisfying that hunger through memorizing God's word to feed their soul and their spirit.

AK (a scribe)

Another milestone has been reached, everyone!! This morning we have hit 390 active users!!!! Praise God.
It has been many, many weeks/months (?) since we were at this level. My continued prayers is that we will hit at least 400 by October 1st!
Thank you to everyone reading this–for your personal prayers, for sharing Memverse with others in your many circles of influence as God opens up opportunities for you to do so.
If we can seek for another hundred active users each month (Oct, Nov, Dec), we would be able to reach at least 700 by Jan 1, 2022!! That's my prayer. Let's do everything we can to make it a reality, as God leads and blesses in each of your lives.

AK (a scribe)

"God is good!!! All the time!!! All the time, God is good!" One of my favorite lines from the "God is Not Dead" movie series.
Today, God has jumped the number of active members by another 4 members . . . we now have 394 active users on Memverse!!

Looks like He will help us get over 400 (maybe even over 450 or 500) by the end of September. That would be awesome!
Keep praying and telling others in your circles of influence.

AK (a scribe)

Praise the LORD!!! Again and again!! For He is good!
Today He has helped to increase the number of active users on Memverse to 399!!!!!
Wow!!! Thank you, LORD!! And 'thank you' to all of you who have also been praying for Memverse! Thank you. Keep praying!!
We want to exceed 400 . . . maybe 450 (or more) by the end of the month . . . on our way toward 1,000 active users by Jan 1, 2022!! With God's help and leading and pleasing, it can be done. With Him, nothing is impossible!!!

AK (a scribe)

WOW!!! God does work in mysterious and absolutely wonderful ways!!!

As of this morning we have jumped another 27 active users - we're now up to 425 active users on Memverse!!!!

And we are only half way through September. With all of your continued prayers, we may be able to reach 450, maybe even 500, by the morning of October 1.

Keep praying and praising God that many inactive users will return to Memverse, and many, many more brand new users will discover and/or be referred to it by our current active users (and others).

With all of the "natural" disasters taking place over the world these days, we need the assurance and promises of God's Word to keep our faith strong in Him - that He is in control, and that He is slowly but surely leading earth's events in preparation for the Second Coming of Christ to bring an end to sin, suffering and death.

AK (a scribe)

I just noticed. Thanks, Zak. 430!!!
Over 30 new or returning (or both) members in 2 days!! Maybe a new church/group somehow has joined Memverse. If so, "Welcome!!"
Spread the Word. Keep praying. Keep memorizing.
At 5 per day . . . we would be on track to reach 500 by the end of Sept (the morning of Oct 1st). With God, absolutely nothing is impossible!!

AK (a scribe)

And, in the past 24 hours, we have jumped another 7 active users on Memverse. We're now at 435!!!

Praise the LORD!! Thank you, LORD!!

Keep up your prayers, your sharing, your own usage of this wonderful tool. May God continue to be with everyone of you.

AK (a scribe)

And, today, we have again hit a new milestone. We're now at 439 active Memverse users!!!!
All praise to our great and wonderful God!!!
Keep praying and spreading the word about this awesome online memorization tool to those in your circles of influence.

AK (a scribe)

I don't know who or what or where our new or returning members/users are coming from, but I'm praising God that they are here.

We're now at 446!!! . . . on our way to breaking 450 soon, maybe even 500 by the morning of Oct 1st!!

Keep praying, keep sharing, keep inviting, keep active yourself! God is good!! Very good!!!

AK (a scribe)

Today . . . we have exceeded 450 . . . we are now at 451 active users!!! Praise God!!!
Let's pray that we may exceed 475 by the morning of Oct 1st.
Thanks to everyone who have been praying with me to increase the utilization of Memverse. Thank you!!! God is great!!

AK (a scribe)

And today we're at 453!!! God is moving on hearts everywhere bringing them to (or back to) Memverse.
Our lowest point had been 304 on June 23, 2021. I'm so grateful to our God for moving, in response to all of our prayers, to make Memverse a growing and active part in almost another 150 people's lives during these past 3 months. Praise the LORD!!

Trans